Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad ra
, 4th Caliph of the Ahmadiyya Muslim CommunityDescription:
This is a compiled lecture delivered at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre (London) by the 4th Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
Based on Quranic teachings, the speaker argues that:
- Swords can win territories but not hearts, forces can bend heads but not minds;
- The role of women is not of concubines in harems nor a society imprisoned in the four wall of their houses;
- Richer nations provide aid with strings attached and yet the flow of wealth continues to be in the direction of the rich while the poorer sink deeper in the red;
- Religion does not need to be the predominant legislative authority in the political affairs of the state;
- Irrespective of the thawing of the cold war, the issue of war and peace does not only hang by the thread of superpower relationship.
- Without God there can be no peace.
It also contains comprehensive discussion on interest; financial aid; international relations; and the role of Israel, America and the United Kingdom in a new world order.
Message of this great lecture is timeless and relates to the future propects for peace. If the speaker is proved right in most of his predictions, as he has already been proved right in some of them, no one can afford
to ignore this message. [ read online ]